PARENT/ GUARDIAN INFORMATION
(Information taken from Juvenile Resident Handbook)
Family/Social Visitation Schedule
The following days are designated for visitation:
Sunday 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Holidays 2:00-4:00 p.m.
You are allowed and encouraged to maintain positive ties with the community through visits. All residents have visitation privileges.
Along with rights, you have responsibilities you must comply with.
As a Resident you must comply with the following:
- Conduct yourself in an appropriate manner.
- You may refuse a visit from a visitor at any time.
- Residents may not accept anything or give anything to a visitor.
- Physical contact will be limited to what is generally accepted as socially appropriate.
- Residents are only permitted two Visitors at a time.
- Visitation is limited to 25 minutes during the times listed above.
- All visitors must be approved by the Program Specialist and/or Shift Sergeant prior to visitation.
- Exceptions to visitation times may be made when extenuating circumstances exist (i.e. parents live 100 miles away)
Rules for Visitors
- Visitors must show a picture identification when they register to visit (driver's license, tribal picture ID, etc.). This is expected at every visit to maintain safety and well being of our resident youth.
- Only Visitors on the Approved Visitors List may see the Resident.
- Center rules limit visitors to immediate family, legal guardians, and boyfriend/girlfriend of a resident but only if the resident and friend are the parents of a child.
- Visitors must dress appropriately:
- No halter tops, tube tops, tank tops
- No bare shoulders or bare feet are allowed
- No spandex pants or excessively tight or revealing clothing.
- Visitors may not bring fire arms, explosives, alcoholic beverages, narcotics, or any controlled substance, other than as allowed by the Religious Freedom Act and as approved by the Facility Administrator, as this is a violation of Tribal code and may result in arrest.
- Visitors under the age of eighteen will not be allowed to visit. The only exception is if a resident is the father or mother of a child, who will only be allowed one visit while resident youth is in WWT.
- Visitors must sign a sobriety statement which indicates that they are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Visitors must not leave children unattended in the Center waiting area, parking lot, or outside the Center.
- Visitors who are disruptive will be asked to leave the Center and will be denied further access to the Center that day; and possibly in the future.
- Visitors may visit only the Resident specified; visitors found visiting with other Residents will be asked to leave the Center.
- Visitors must lock all personal items in their vehicle or Visitor lockers (NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED during visitation).
- Visitors may not give anything to or take anything from the Residents (food, money, letters, pictures, reading material, hygiene items, etc.). WWT provides hygiene items and the youth are allowed to purchase items on commissary (they earn points through good behavior on a weekly basis).
- Visitors proceed directly to the area where Visitation will occur.
- Visitors will be searched, in order to be allowed access to the Visiting Area.
Visitors may be denied under the following circumstances:
(1) The Visitor is inappropriately dressed.
(2) Staff has reason to believe the Visitor is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
(3) Visitor attempts to give contraband or any item to a Resident.
(4) Visitor is implicated in an escape plot.
(5) Visitor states or gestures that he may present a threat to any person or to the Center security or order.
(6) Visitor becomes disruptive, disorderly, or unruly during a visit or An emergency occurs within the Center.
Violation of visiting rules, regulations and procedures may result in visitors being removed from the Center and denied visiting privileges.
The Center reserves the right to make individual exceptions to the regularly scheduled visiting times at the discretion of the Director or his/her designee where warranted by extenuating circumstances.
Visitation may occur in the following areas:
- Professional Visitation Room
- Visitation Room
Caseworkers, healthcare professionals, and attorneys can visit at any time. However, clearance must first be obtained from the Facility Administrator.